* Saw my Ex for the first time since separating/divorce in '97.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
* I don't remember. I make daily resolutions which are broken daily. Exercising has been a repeated broken resolution. Still have the "Y" membership. Haven't been in over a year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
* No. Oh, it was this year that Tuba Fats died. Damn. Didn't expect that. Too many of my New Orleans running partners have died.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
* Creative activity, sex, bigger living space.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
* The low points in dealing with the Teen.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
* Tempted to say the Teen but I leave him to his fate. So more it is my own lack of getting off my doofus and doing some of my to-do list.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
* Noticed that I developed a bunion this year, other than that just a couple of colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
* Rai music collection on cd.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
* Not feeling celebratory.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
* Rumsfeld, Bush, Rice, Cheney, ignorant soldiers abusing civilians.
14. Where did most of your money go?
* Rent (past and present), groceries, books, records, Teen madness.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
* Rai music, duh, maybe this is a bad time for me to consider this.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
* maybe one of the Jap Rap tunes the Teen was oft playing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
* Creative activity, photography, music, writing, had more sex.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
* Spinning my wheels, procrastinating.
20. How will you be spending Christmas/New Years?
* Spent both home alone.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
* Brother#3, the Ex (talking about the Teen and his exploits on both sides of the Pacific).
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
* Didn't watch much tv. Some old faves are still there: "Futurama," "Family Guy," "Dave Chappell," "South Park," "Iron Chef," "Rachel Ray," "Good Eats" but didn't watch regularly. In fact disconnected cable for over month last winter. Recently have enjoyed vintage films on TCM: "Morocco," "Shanghai Lily," (both with Marlene Deitrich) and "Period of Adjustment" (early Jane Fonda in Tennessee Williams script).
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
* For shame I read no complete books in 2004. Read most of a Chester Himes bio, started "Gone With the Wind," guess live journal doesn't count...
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
* Rai music, still learning about individual performers.
27. What did you want and get?
* A mac computer, a decent film camera, tripod and other camera accessories.
28. What did you want and not get?
* bigger apartment, better rapport with the Teen.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
* feh, movies released in 2004? "Kill Bill II" was entertaining, sorta. Was that it? 2003 was a much better year for movies. Oh, maybe "Spiderman II." Weird, that had a June/July release. I thought I saw that with the Teen. I guess not, mixing it up with Spiderman I that we saw on tv. "Hero" I enjoyed but not excited about.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
* Nothing. Worked. Turned 53.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
* In hiding. I do OK in typical wall flower mode: "Just ignore the old white guy" but have not figured out and purchased appropriate party wear for the new night life friends I am trying to make.
32. What kept you sane?
* Years of living on the edge and having long since gone past insanity.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
* None. OK, maybe Johnny Depp. And Maggie Cheung is looking better to me all the time. Oh, just noticed the movie "Clean" that she started in but which hasn't been released in USA yet.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
* Hypocrisy in the Executive Branch.
35. Who did you miss?
* The Teen, the Pre-Teen (who actually became Teen II in 2004).
36. Who was the best new person you met?
* Just becoming acquainted with some online peeps who live in nyc, perhaps that will blossom, perhaps not. Oh yeah! Met masuimi in person for the first time.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004
* A Teen is easiest admired from afar.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
* None comes to mind. Rai is totally dominating my music mind at the moment and my Algerian is non-existent, worse even than my non-existent French.
39. First mistake in 2005?
* Spent too much freakin' time doing this LJ entry. *smile*